This birdie is very pretty and is easy to care for, unlike the real thing :) No food, water or cleanup! It looks best when printed on kraft card stock. Just download the free files below and assemble your paper aviary.
- Kraft paper card stock
- PDF printable and die cut files
- 17-18 inch length floral wire
- brown floral tape
- tacky glue
- Print out bird pdf file on brown kraft card stock.
- Cut out the bird prints with scissors.
- Fold a 17 inch piece of floral wire in half and wrap tightly with brown floral tape.
- Cover the back of one bird with tacky glue, place the floral wire onto the center (as in photograph) and place the other bird on top. Press down to flatten the bird. Wait for glue to dry. Curl the bottom of the floral wire to make a base to support the bird.
- Cut out wings and beak. Either use the pdf files as a template, or cut out with die cut machine. Files for most machines are provided in the free download. Fold at fold lines and glue to bird.
- That's it. Now wasn't that quick and easy?
OK I admit it. I am way behind the times. In fact I am a couple of years behind the times regarding doodle art.
I had no clue what Zentangle was until about a week ago. I was strolling through my favorite artist supply store and ended up in the book section.
Celebrate Mothers day with a free 11 x 17 printable. Click here to download.
I don't get on my soap box often but I do have a lot to say about the topic of motherhood. I truly believe the saying The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. Being a mother and staying home to raise your children is often held as a lesser option to working outside of the home. I have worked and I have stayed home with small children.
This is a free printable chevron gift bag available for download. It comes in three colors and may be printed on standard 11 x 17 (tabloid) paper. Get the templates here: