DIY Shabby style wedding invitation
Many people like the "Shabby" or vintage design style. It reminds us of a gentler, prettier, and distinctly feminine time period. Shabby design is enjoying a resurgence in popularity. This easy paper project features a beautiful vintage wedding invitation and response card highlighting a vintage hydrangea .
Weddings can be very expensive, and many crafty brides choose to make their own invitations. Laser printers, and the availability of quality paper goods from retailers make crafting wedding invitations affordable, fun and easy.
One of my personal favorites is Paper Source. If you are lucky enough to live in a city that has a Paper Source store make sure you take time to check them out. You will be amazed and overwhelmed with the quantity and quality of their stationery products.
- Vanilla colored textured card stock
- Chocolate brown textured card stock
- Glue runner
- Paper cutter
- hydrangea template download
- Download the pictures of hydrangeas and place in your favorite word processing software. Use a paper size 8.5 x 11 layout in landscape position.
- Insert your choice of wording above the hydrangea images. The example photo uses the Copperplate Gothic lite font in a deep brown color.
- Print out a test copy and adjust software as necessary.
- Use a paper cutter to cut out invitation or invitation response cards, so that you get a clean neat cut.
- Layout a brown sheet of textured card stock in the landscape position. Cut a line at the 5.5 mark. You should now have two rectangles that are used as backing for the invitations. Glue the back of the invitations using a glue runner and place evenly on the brown paper backing. Your invitation is now ready to be placed in an envelope and mailed.
- Use the pdf template provided in the download as a guide to cut brown rectangles to use a a backing for response cards. Glue the response cards to the brown rectangles. Place in the envelope with the invitations.
- Get ready to receive compliments on your total craftiness, and style!