Easy DIY Graduation Invitation / Announcement Card
It's graduation time again, and we will be honoring the graduates with parties and open houses. The above card can be used as an informal graduation announcement, or as a party invitation.
*This has been updated to the year 2013 in the download templates*
Either way, it is super, super easy to make. Just place the photo I have provided for download, onto the middle of an 8.5 x 11 size layout and place your text on top.If you want you can print a map to the party onto the back of the card, or any other information that might be important.
I went to Staples today, in my neighborhood and printed out some of the cards. The cards cost 16 cents per sheet, printed out in black and white onto card stock. They have a paper cutter that you can use for free, in the self serve area, to cut out the cards.
It costs a little less than a dollar to print and cut out 6 invitations. Not bad!!!! You can either use the prints as postcards, or you can place them in envelopes for mailing.
- Download card template.
- Insert card template jpeg into your favorite word processing software, and center onto the middle.
- Make sure your layout is set for 8.5 x 11 inches, horizontal.
- Place text on top of picture as in example, using your information.
- Print out card onto 8.5 x 11 inch card stock.
- Cut out card. The card should measure 8.5 x 5.5 inches, which fits into a standard # 6 size envelope.