You are here: Home Paper Box
How to turn the humble paper lunch bag into an "artsy" gift bag.
This paper craft project raises the lowly paper lunch bag into an "artsy" gift bag. You don't have to have an artistic bone in your body to do this craft. All you need are black and white clip art images,a printer, and colored pencils. If you are able to color, you can make wonderful "art" ! Easy peasy!!!
This fun project looks difficult but it really isn't. I promise. Just follow the steps below and you can make gift bags that are almost as pretty as the gift inside. If you want to use the same images that I use you can find them here. I used the Photoshop brushes by punksafetypin set 60 retro flowers. The images are quite lovely and have an organic look and feel to them.
I prefer to use Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils . I feel that the pencils have brilliant and beautiful color, and are a high quality product. You just don't get the same results with cheaper pencils. If you are unsure how to use colored pencils check out this informative blog post by Dorcas Designs. She has a very clear and easy to follow tutorial, and you will be a pro in no time after reading her instructions.
- Paper lunch bags
- Colored pencils
- black sharpie marker
- clip art
- Choose clip art that is to your liking. The important part is that the image should be a black and white line drawing, and look like a cartoon drawing.
- Measure you lunch bag, and set up your page layout size in your printing software to be the same size as your lunch bag. For example, my lunch bag measured 5.25 in x 10.5 in so that was the size of my page layout. I used photoshop for my project but you could use any wordprocessing software. ie word, microsoft publisher etc.
- Place your clip art into your page layout where desired. Place the bag into your printer and print the clip art image onto your bag.
- Color your image with colored pencils.
- Trace over the black lines with a sharpie marker if necessary.
- Voila you now are done. Wasn't that the easiest prettiest gift bag ever?
What? You say you don't have time to color but like the idea of a quick cheap gift bag? Not to fear! Just print clip art onto a lunch bag, add embellishments and you are done. The bags can look beautiful and still a have a personal handmade touch.
The flourish image came from the photoshop brush set Ancient by green eyed butterfly which you can find here.
The dandelion image came from the photoshop brush pack Dance of the Flowers by Sleepwalkerfish and
can be found here...
Wrapping Paper Gift Bag/Box
I was shopping at the grocery store the other day, and saw some American Greeting Wrapping Paper that I absolutely loved. I thought it would make a really cute gift bag, and I am very happy with the results.
Paper crafts can be made with almost any kind of paper, as long as there is some imagination thrown in. Wrapping paper is kind of flimsy, so to add stability, use adhesive spray to attach the wrapping paper to a 12 x 12 sheet of card stock.
These gift bags are quick and easy to make and can be easily personalized to fit any occasion. Give your friends a gift that is special and made from your heart. They will love it.