Who doesn't love cupcakes? Make some "calorie free" paper cupcakes as a favor box for your next party.
This paper cupcake craft is cute and would be perfect as a bridal or baby shower table decoration. Best of all, these are cupcakes that you can enjoy without guilt! I have included free die cut files for download, which include the petal shapes for the "cupcake", and the wrapper. Follow the easy instructions below.
- 3 inch round paper mache box with lid
- 3 inch round Styrofoam ball
- tacky glue
- foam hot glue sticks
- glue gun
- 12 x 12 paper for bottom of box and wrapper
- 12 x 12 paper for top of cupcake
- pearl gemstones
- Cut a 9" x 1.5" square piece of paper. Use tacky glue to attach to the botton portion of the paper mache box.
- Cut a 9.5" of ribbon and use tacky glue to attach to the bottom portion of the paper mache lid.
- Cut the Styrofoam ball in half with a serrated knife or foam cutter and glue to the top of the paper mache lid with hot glue that is compitible with Styrofoam
- Download the die cut files. Cut out petal shapes by hand or with your die cut machine. Files compatible with most machines are included in the download files.
- Glue a pearl gemstone to the center of each petal. Give each petal dimension by crimping the petal edges.
- Starting with the bottom of the lid use a glue gun to attach the petals to the top of the box (use the picture above for clarification).
- The paper mache box now has a cupcake shape and you can stop at this point if you like. I thought the box looked much better with a wrapper.
- Cut out the wrapper by hand or with your die cut machine. Insert the tab into the slot and place the box into the wrapper.
This paper craft project raises the lowly paper lunch bag into an "artsy" gift bag. You don't have to have an artistic bone in your body to do this craft. All you need are black and white clip art images,a printer, and colored pencils. If you are able to color, you can make wonderful "art" ! Easy peasy!!!
This fun project looks difficult but it really isn't. I promise. Just follow the steps below and you can make gift bags that are almost as pretty as the gift inside. If you want to use the same images that I use you can find them here. I used the Photoshop brushes by punksafetypin set 60 retro flowers. The images are quite lovely and have an organic look and feel to them.
I prefer to use Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils . I feel that the pencils have brilliant and beautiful color, and are a high quality product. You just don't get the same results with cheaper pencils. If you are unsure how to use colored pencils check out this informative blog post by Dorcas Designs. She has a very clear and easy to follow tutorial, and you will be a pro in no time after reading her instructions.
- Paper lunch bags
- Colored pencils
- black sharpie marker
- clip art
- Choose clip art that is to your liking. The important part is that the image should be a black and white line drawing, and look like a cartoon drawing.
- Measure you lunch bag, and set up your page layout size in your printing software to be the same size as your lunch bag. For example, my lunch bag measured 5.25 in x 10.5 in so that was the size of my page layout. I used photoshop for my project but you could use any wordprocessing software. ie word, microsoft publisher etc.
- Place your clip art into your page layout where desired. Place the bag into your printer and print the clip art image onto your bag.
- Color your image with colored pencils.
- Trace over the black lines with a sharpie marker if necessary.
- Voila you now are done. Wasn't that the easiest prettiest gift bag ever?
What? You say you don't have time to color but like the idea of a quick cheap gift bag? Not to fear! Just print clip art onto a lunch bag, add embellishments and you are done. The bags can look beautiful and still a have a personal handmade touch.
The flourish image came from the photoshop brush set Ancient by green eyed butterfly which you can find here.
The dandelion image came from the photoshop brush pack Dance of the Flowers by Sleepwalkerfish and
can be found here...