- Tissue paper or paper napkins
- Candle (white or light color is preferred)
- Heat embossing tool, or hair dryer
- Paper cutter
- Wax paper
- Cut tissue paper into strips with the paper cutter.
- Attach tissue paper around the candle secure with a pin
- Wrap a piece of wax paper around the entire candle
- Heat with hair dryer or embossing tool. When the wax paper gets shiny move to another spot on candle. Continue until the entire candle surface has that wet shiny look.
- Remove wax paper, and pins
- Your beautiful candle is now ready for use
Wasn't that the easiest project ever?
The candle with swirls was made out of a paper napkin. Just pull apart the napkin layers and use the top piece where the design is printed. I wrapped the entire candle with a napkin and applied heat.The results were absolutely stunning. I couldn't believe how good it looked with so little effort on my part.
You know what I am giving my friends and family for Christmas this year :)
A word of warning: Always use common sense when burning candles. Never leave a burning candle unattended.