These lanterns are easy to make if you use a die cut machine ( die cut files for lantern paper craft) but still can made by hand using a ruler and xacto knife. Just take your time and cut carefully and you will have stunning results.
poster board or cardboard (only if making a lantern that hangs)
wire or cord
1. Cut out 3 side panels from cardstock of choice
2. Cut out front panel using die cut machine, or by hand using a ruler and xacto knife.
3. Cut a square of tissue paper and glue behind the front panel cut outs.
4. Starting with the bottom edges of panels, glue the bottom edge of the bottom piece of lantern .I used Zig 2 way glue with good results, but you can use the adhesive of your choice. Just make sure it the bond is really strong if you are planning to hang the lanterns.
5. Glue the corner sides of the lantern together.
If you want to hang the lantern you will have to cut another bottom and top piece out of cardboard and glue to the top and bottom card stock. Spray adhesive works well for this step. It is not necessary if you plan to use the luminary on a flat surface.
6. Glue the top of the lantern to the tops of the side panels as in the instruction drawing.
7. If you want to hang the lantern, punch two hole one each side of the lantern top and run a wire or cord through.
Hang your lanterns and enjoy the compliments coming your way!
Always use common sense when burning candles, and never leave a burning candle unattended.